Dairy-free & Egg-free Chicken Pot Pie!
Ingredients for Cream of Chicken Soup:
1 1/2 cups of rice milk
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Directions for Cream of Soup:
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil. Gradually stir in flour. Let this form a paste.
2. Gradually stir in rice milk and continue stirring until thickened.
3. Add chicken bouillon, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie:
1 can of corn
1 can of green beans
1 cup of diced carrots
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
cream of chicken soup from above
1 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup rice milk
flax seed substitute for one egg*
Directions for Chicken Pot Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir in vegetables, chicken, and soup.
2. In a medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
*Flax seed is a wonderful substitute for egg. For each egg substituted, mix 1 tbsp. ground flax seed with 3 tbsp. hot water. Let this mix set for a few minutes before using in recipe.
My husband is allergic to dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, and some other random foods. Here's a look into my kitchen, as I cook frugally and allergy-free!