Thursday, December 18, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Here's what you do:
1. Get a big box or bag and fill it with toys that your children can go without to make room for new toys this year (give toys in good pre-owned condition).
2. Make a post on your local Craigslist advertising free toys to a family in need this Christmas.
3. Watch and be amazed at the responses (some very heartbreaking). Pray over the responses in your inbox and choose the person you feel most led to contact.
4. Arrange a time for your person to come pick up the toys or simply leave them outside your door for them if you won't be home. Think about including a handwritten Christmas card or wrapping paper/bags for them to use while wrapping.
5. Feel the joy of giving this Christmas season (oh you will)! AND have less toy clutter!
No toys? Think about clearing out your closets and offering a free coat instead to a person in need.
I'd love to hear from you if you try this for yourself!
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
It's Giving Tuesday! Have you "shopped" in one of the great Christmas catalogs from Samaritan's Purse, Gospel for Asia, and many other wonderful Christian organizations? Let's give back this Christmas as much as we get!
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35
Monday, December 1, 2014
Here is a great deal for kids' clothing today from Crazy8: Buy one item, get another (equal or lesser value) for 88 cents, plus free shipping!
I was able to find a skirt and matching top for my little girl for $5.02 shipped ($2.51 a piece). Happy shopping!
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
We have been very busy this month with welcoming a new little one to our family. Here's our big blessing in a small package... oh how grateful we are to the Lord for our healthy baby boy!
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:2-3