Inspired by a package of puff pastry in my mother-in-law's freezer, this is my allergy-free adaptation of a strawberry tart.
Dairy-free, Egg-free Strawberry Tart
1 tbsp. water
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3 tbsp. blackberry jam (or other jam of choice)
1 handful pistachios, chopped (I left this out)
1 puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
3. Score a line around the puff pastry, 1/2 inch from the edges.
4. Brush water over the scoured line.
5. Mix the strawberries, cinnamon, and jam in a bowl.
6. Place the strawberry mixture on the pastry, inside the score.
7. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown.
8. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
My husband is allergic to dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, and some other random foods. Here's a look into my kitchen, as I cook frugally and allergy-free!