Dairy, Egg, and Nut-free Spiced Apple Bundt Cake(Recipe from FoodAllergyMama.com)
1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 T. vanilla extract
3 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1 T. baking soda
1 T. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 c. peeled, grated apples (about 4, any variety but I love granny smith and braeburn)
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt baking pan with Dairy Free Baking Spray.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg with a wire whisk. Add to the sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peeled, grated apples with lemon zest and juice. Use a rubber spatula to fold in apples into sugar/flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt cake pan and bake about an hour or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, loosen cake from pan and turn onto serving platter. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.