I thought these "steps" (though of course it isn't that easy of a process nor is it ultimately up to us, as we must rely on God's grace and power) were a good admonition for us. We sometimes need these reminders on how to have a healthy perspective on our lives with all of the bumps and bruises that come our way. These steps are actually the response of a missionary woman who lived much of her life in a mud hut. When asked how she remained so content, here's what she said:
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in a different circumstance or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with the lot of another.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow. Remember it is God’s, and not ours.
6. Choose to be thankful for exactly where you are and exactly what you have (this last step is from Grace Full Mama in her post Battle Discontentment with Thankfulness).
And if you are in a season of contentment, rejoice! But in humility and thankfulness, knowing that God has the power to give and take away at any moment. And remember those around you who are currently battling discontentment.
Post a Comment