Holiday Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup orange juice (interesting,right! you can't taste the orange juice when they are done baking)
1 tsp. vanilla
mixture of 3 tbsp. oil, 3 tbsp. water, and 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Cream together margarine, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let dough chill for at least half and hour (optional, but I find it is easier to work with).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, let cool.
- Use glaze of your choice if desired and/or decorate with sprinkles.
Kid-tested! Here's Anna with sprinkles all over her face! :)