1 cup raisins or craisins
2/3 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
2 cups rice flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Flax seed substitute for 1 egg (see flax seed recipe here)
1/3 cup coconut butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons coconut butter
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray or use muffin cup liners.
2. Combine raisins, orange juice and zest in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Add egg, butter, raisins and orange juice mixture; stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
5. Sprinkle tops with streusel and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
1. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl.
2. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
Makes 12 muffins.
Post a Comment