|Jesse above the Judean Wilderness in Israel.|
|A happy moment.|
|My Grandmother with Anna (her great grand daughter).|
I flew back home with Anna the next morning. Our car was still in New York, and Jesse started the long drive to Colorado from New York. When I arrived at the Denver airport, my mother-in-law informed me that the car had broken down in Iowa and Jesse was stranded 8 hours away. My father-in-law graciously made the trip with a rented trailer to go pick up Jesse and the car, and it wasn't until 5am that they arrived home. The car is still out of commission as we wait to fix the problem (probably the fuel pump).
Yesterday, we received our first response from one of the doctoral schools; a "no."
Financially, Jesse went without a paycheck in January and our seminary health insurance ran out a week before my E.R. visit.
Times like this leave me wondering how many more blows I can take. We had a similar month of storms in December of 2008, when I got laid off from my full time position (which was funding our first year in seminary). That same week, I found out I had a very large ovarian cyst and needed major surgery. We paid the expensive COBRA payments to extend our health insurance. Later, the cyst was confirmed to be cancerous.
But, a few weeks after this, I found a very good paying position taking care of an elderly lady with Alzheimer's, which included free rent/housing, groceries, and utilities. Four months later, I became pregnant with our beautiful daughter, Anna. A year later, we were featured in an advertising campaign with the hospital where I had my surgery. God was with us in the hard times, and used those times as a great testimony of His faithfulness.
|Our Billboard in Boston.|
I heard the following song on the radio yesterday while returning from a follow-up appointment at my doctor's office. Like Job, and many other saints, I pray that I might say "Amen," even while it is still raining.
"Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him." Job 13:15